Now Playing Tracks

Another One Bites the Dust

I’ve got one more base sprite left to go.  I figured that I would approach my sprites in such away to try and keep the style uniform.  I noticed a problem with the cougar, which is that I tried to increase the outline in order to separate him better from backgrounds.  In hindsight, it’s not very in keeping with how I do things.  So I should avoid doing the forced things.  I’ll have to go back and fix him to retain a similar style with the rest of them.

Also in keeping with building with a purpose, I’m going to put together the emotions for all the characters in the next wave.

I absolutely love being able to work with layers.  Originally I had about 4 different positions for each of the components (Eyebrows, Eyes, Mouth). This could create more than an adequate number of combinations for several emotions.

Then I ran across another person’s work for an expression generator, and there’s a lot more positions that I hadn’t touched.  So I’m back to the drawing board with it, but I know that I’ll have no problem putting it together.  The hard part of the base sprite is over.

Better yet, built into RenPy is something called LiveComposite, which allows you to layer things on an image.  Sai Paint Tools easily exports out into .png without any problems.  So that will not be a bottleneck to my workflow.

Onward!

We make Tumblr themes